My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.bentleygray.net/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Bittersweet...



Sunday we held Payne's dedication ceremony at our church. This has always been a very moving experience for me. To me it's a way of reinforcing my role as a Father, which I take very seriously. This just reminds me of just how serious it is. Our special thanks to our friends Michelle and Kara for the beautiful song, to Brother Alan for performing the ceremony, and to the congregation for their support.


Now, if I may share this very personal story with you:

When I first found out Michelle was pregnant with Payne, all kinds of doubts went through my mind. I didn't know if I had what it takes to be the father that I need to be to three children. Sometimes I admit it's still overwhelming. When Jackson was born, I cried. When Sylvie was born, I cried again. But when Payne was born I didn't cry, because God had reassured me, in the way that He always does, that everything was going to be alright.


Sunday was also the last day for our Pastor, Alan Hughes, who will be taking a church in Georgia. He has been such a wonderful inspiration to me and our entire church. I've tried forever to get him to start blogging his messages....maybe someday he will.


Alan, Heather, Will, and Walker...you will truly be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home