My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.bentleygray.net/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Alexy!


Last Saturday I had the pleasure of photographing one of my all-time favorite subjects, Alexy. I've known her since she was about 4 years old and I've done her dance portraits for quite some time. In addition to being very photogenic, she also happens to be a very talented dancer. I must say I was very flattered when she and her family asked me to photograph her Quinceañera ceremony and reception in June. We are especially excited about being there for this very special occasion....thank you Alexy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Wow! How fun! I bet it is great to be part of your customers lives. It is wonderful that they love and trust you so much that they are having you do the quincera! Congratulations on going the extra mile, and being a fantastic phototgrapher. (I love the picture by the way!)

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's quincenara?

12:32 PM  
Blogger Bentley said...

From wikipedia:

The Quinceañera or Quince Años (sometimes represented XV Años, meaning "fifteen years") is, in some Spanish-speaking regions of the Americas, a young woman's celebration of her fifteenth birthday, which is celebrated in a unique and different way from her other birthdays. In some countries, such as Puerto Rico or Peru, the word Quinceañero is used instead of Quinceañera when referring to the celebration.

The word is also used to refer to the young woman whose 15th birthday is being celebrated (analogous to the word cumpleañera for "birthday girl"). The closest equivalents to the Quinceañera in the English-speaking world are the sweet sixteen or, in more affluent communities, a debutante ball at the age of eighteen.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home