My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.bentleygray.net/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Shell Island!









Yesterday was the first day that we didn't have any sessions booked. So we took the opporunity for our annual trip to Shell Island which is a short ferry ride east of St. Andrews State Park. Being the master snorkeler and shell finder that I am, this is always one of the highlights of my vacation. The day started out nicely with the required trip to Thomas' doughnuts for breakfast. Then we managed to catch the first bus to the ferry, but Michelle was a nervous wreck as usual because she's always afraid that if we aren't on the first bus...well that just ruins the whole trip. Now normally the sea surrenders her best shells to the master shell finder (me) but this year, for some reason, the shells weren't all that great. I managed to find some decent ones, but nothing that really stood out. I pulled in a few sand dollars though, which is always cool. Oh well, there's always next year. I had a great time and the kids did too, which is all that really matters. Why didn't anyone ever tell me that I look pretty goofy in snorkeling gear?

10 Comments:

Blogger Charnita said...

I love these shots and the snorkeling gear....well it makes you look so cool.

and I know you are not really working. All this time at the beach.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Bentley said...

Of course I'm working...I even had to take pictures of my own kids yesterday after we got back.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i was about to tell you how goofy you look in the snorkel gear... but you said it first! lol! i'm j/k!
bentley, you look so mad in that picture of you and sylvie! smile!
hope y'all are having fun... tough job! :)

ashley sargent

6:31 AM  
Blogger jerika said...

Looks like you guys are having fun!! Wish that I could go and spend three weeks at the beach!!! haha All the pictures are Great!!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Bentley said...

Hey Jerika! Just come on down...please!!! We need a babysitter for next week. Room and board is on us!!! Seriously!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Charnita said...

I'll come down for room and board....
and portraits and babysit all you want!
Course I'd have to bring 2 more kids....

8:09 AM  
Blogger Bentley said...

Just bring 'em on down...I'm not kidding!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Michelle just chill. Its ok if we miss the bus. Worrying will cause a rash.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Where exactly is Shell Island? I would LOVE to go there...

Rachel (:

9:49 PM  
Blogger Bentley said...

Hey Rachel! Shell Island is a little island to the east of Panama City Beach. All the way at the end of Thomas drive is St Andrews state park...you can take the ferry from there. It's really cool, but a little primitive...no facilities of any kind.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home