My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.bentleygray.net/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A True Giver





It's so easy to give. Especially during this holiday season, when we are constantly reminded that it's far better to give than to receive. When I was a kid I'm sure I could've argued with you about that one...even though now I know it's true. In reality, I've met very few true givers. You see, to me being a true giver reqires two things. First the gift should require you to sacrifice something in order to give it. Secondly, the gift should be something the recipient can't get on their own.

Yesterday, I was witness to true giving. My beautiful daughter Sylvie has been studying giving in her first grade class with Mrs. Marsh. She had mentioned months earlier that she wanted to get her hair cut but of course her father protested. Then Michelle told her about Locks of Love. Sylvie knew immediately that this is what she wanted to do. The way she puts it: "There's this really bad disease called cancer and the medicine you take makes your hair fall out and since I have plenty of hair I can give it to one of those kids." Now how could I say no to that? Anyway, yesterday was the big day. Our friend April who works at ShonTaylor salon here in Boaz volunteered her time and came to Sylvie's class to cut her hair and all her classmates got to watch. It was so fun to watch, even though I had to fight off a few tears. I think we could all learn a few lessons from our kids...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so blessed to have such special children.
Mommie

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A truly great Christmas story. What a great heart she has.....
Merry Christmas.
Charnita

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ccccccccccccccccuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home