My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.bentleygray.net/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Goodbye Anna


Once again, and all too quickly we are reminded of how friends can come and go out of our lives. This past year, our friends Paige and Dusty have hosted an exchange student from Italy. Over the course of that year, we have become very close and our kids have absolutely fallen in love with Anna. As she and Paige visited us at the beach this past weekend we were faced with the fact that it would probably be the last time we would see her, as this was her final week with her host family. As we said our goodbyes, I was heartbroken, and I've never seen my kids cry that much. I had to remind my children to not be sad because she was leaving, but to be happy in remembering all the good times we spent with her. That was difficult to do because I had a hard time believing it myself. I will especially miss the way she says "Mister Payne." Arriva derce Anna, we love you and miss you greatly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Anna sees this...

I will miss you too Anna! I love ya and was glad to have you be part of our family!!! :) I'll see you next year when you hopefully come back for college!

your favorite "Aunt"! haha
ashley :)

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw guys I'm missing yall so so so much!i just want to come back home!..sweet home alabama!! I'm sorry if I didnt talk to yall earlier but here i'm really really busy..so much to take care of! Payne looks so cute =] little mister Payny walker! now I have to go and gather students together for the curfew. wooow fun =]
I miss yall and I love yall so much!..
Anna

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home